« Home | If anyone wants to buy me a present then can I ple... » | I'm not going to spend ages typing the details of ... » | We're back. And the update on the holiday will fo... » | I popped the bonnet on a Matiz once, someone had n... » | I saw an amusing thing coming back from up north l... » | First up, more mini stuff. Nice car - I've heard ... » | How on earth am I meant to go running and train pr... » | Time to catch up on some communications, for there... » | In a car update, I took the fiesta in for her MOT ... » | I think I'll probably give this a miss. "It is a... » 

September 16, 2003 

Recieved at the end of an email from the MD of my employer's american owners:

I am reminded of the following quote from the book, Power of One, by Bryce Courtenay, "A waterfall begins with only one drop of water. Look what comes from that." Our collective efforts are needed for our waterfall, but it takes all our individual efforts to make the water flow.
Doesn't a drought also start with only one drop of water? Can anyone explain this? Is it really nonsense, or am I just not American enough?