« Home | I would just like to say a huge thank you to every... » | Last night I was at a party thrown to say bye-bye ... » | Via a complicated route of surfing I found this ar... » | Up the Baggies! Down with the Scouse Poo! Thanks ... » | Saturday saw the wonders of British Rail transport... » | I guess I'm probably not telling motorsport fans a... » | ou est la plume de ma thribble?wot nothing since 2... » | So where have I been? Well, I took two days off l... » | So much time off, so much to catch up on. I'm goi... » | We saw Chamber of Secrets yesterday. I enjoyed it... » 

December 10, 2002 

Last night I played in a charity concert for the Butterfly Appeal with the Surrey Phil. As I was a little later to the rehearsal than intended I missed rehearsing the two pieces I hadn't played before. Ever. So you can imagine my joy when the conductor asked me to sit on the front desk of the second violins. It isn't very often you get to sight read a piece, and it's even less often you get to do it twice in one concert. Still, the event was a huge success, with very few empty seats indeed, so it was worthwhile.

Talking of worthwhile, please check out the concert listings for next year and let me know if you want tickets. We need all the support we can get too, so we don't go under.