« Home | Mobile Phone Blues » | He Sure Plays a Mean Pinball » | Christmas Cards » | The Ballad of Tom and Vicki » | So Much Stuff » | Politics of Terror » | Moving To The Country » | Another Cooking Post » | Cooking Post » | Leave the past where it belongs... » 

December 01, 2005 

Hometime

Today I was meant to do two things. Go to London for an interview, then meet Fran for dinner. I failed in both. My interview was cancelled this morning (despite me giving them a weeks notice that I'd taken another job they managed to phone me 6 hours before the interview) so Fran and I cancelled the other.

It meant that I got a whole load of things done. Visitors to our house (preferably people who want to rent it, please) will now notice that the porch floor is almost complete, the bathroom has been tarted up, the kitchen ceiling has been painted, the oven has been cleaned, various things have been moved, cleaned, and allocated a box, and best of all, the Christmas decorations have found a home in Pete's annual office tat competition. Hoorah.

I've also put together a list of all the stuff we are selling. If anyone wants anything, from kettles to lamps to crockery and cutlery, let me know and I'll send you the list. There may even be more stuff if we let the house unfurnished

It's hard to believe that we have only 20 days until we fly. It seems unfeasible that everything has moved so quickly the last 6 weeks, having moved so slowly up to that point. I wake up in the middle of the night thinking of things we need to do. I'm not worried, but I am stressed. Is there a difference? I know everything will be done. It has to be. And that creates the stress. Mainly right now it's related to getting everything out of the house, where it's going to, and how we're getting it there.