« Home | Films » | Booyakasha (optional spelling!) » | Ch Ch Ch Changes » | Communication » | Links Queen » | Inside my mind... » | Firsts » | Picasa » | Visual » | Friends » 

July 27, 2004 

More Films

I went to the cinema on Saturday night, to complete my day of film-fest, hoping to see the Bourne Supremacy. Sadly it was sold out and I had to make to with I, Robot, Will Smith's bastardisation of Isaac Asimov's story. Actually, it makes for watchable summer movie stuff, but I'm not really sure there was a need to call it I, Robot. I don't object to them taking the three laws of robotics - after all, they're almost common enough now to be pushing for a spot in the OED - but why take the name of the book?

The highlight of the trip for me was seeing the AVP trailer. I spotted what it was from the minute it started, and I don't think this film is going to disapoint. I like the look of it, lots, even though it does have a tacky tag line.

I managed to round off Saturday's viewing with Rush Hour, which I enjoyed so much I watched Rush Hour 2 on Sunday night. Well, actually, they were both on free TV and nothing much else was, but they were enjoyable enough! Particularly after a hard days shopping and manicuring on Sunday (well it was raining so I couldn't top up my tan!) Browsing IMDB for the links for this I notice that there may be a Rush Hour 3. Milking it one step too far there guys, I think.

Today I've been browsing Empire Online for the first time since I was out here - all this talk of films I guess. And I spotted this about the extended edition of ROTK. It looks like they've put in all the bits that I wanted in, but 250 minutes could be too long for one sitting. wowee! Still, roll on November. All three in one day anyone? Bring your own popcorn!