« Home | Booyakasha (optional spelling!) » | Ch Ch Ch Changes » | Communication » | Links Queen » | Inside my mind... » | Firsts » | Picasa » | Visual » | Friends » | Oops » 

July 25, 2004 

Films

Yesterday evening I watched Calendar Girls, which I thought was fantastic. Maybe because I'm far from home it was accented, but the Englishness was perfect. Highly recommended!

This morning I slept late, went for a swim, lay by the pool, did some souvenir shopping and then came back to the hotel. As I channel hopped I picked up the beginning of The Saint. This is a film that I think I've seen before, but I don't remember it at all. Maybe I just saw the trailer - it was released in 1997, which was just after our cinema every week, seen every film that's out, good or bad phase. I enjoyed it (I'm a bit of a Val Kilmer fan anyway, have been ever since Top Gun). I liked that fact that Roger Moore is the radio presenter at the end. I was, however, slightly confused by the fact that the main bad guy henchman appears to be Laurence Llewellyn Bowen. Looking at IMDB I notice that Valery Nickolaev is also in the Terminal, so maybe I'll have to see that to determine if he actually is a slightly camp interior designer.