« Home | Going round and round my head today: And now the ... » | Things I have noticed recently: The sign outsid... » | Any chance of an Update in February, then? Well y... » | All you need in this life is ignorance and confide... » | From Ananova: BBC to broadcast silent orchestra ... » | After such a long time, I should have guessed you ... » | This is the Night Mail crossing the border, Brin... » | Well, it's nearly Christmas. It's been an eventfu... » | Oh. My. » | In a fit of laziness last night I sat down and wat... » 

March 20, 2004 

New job, new life. It's amazing how much not getting up at 6am can change your life. Hubby and I are a lot more relaxed with each other now I'm not getting up then. I was talking about this with a friend of mine a couple of weeks ago, and until you undergo an amazing shift like this you can't really appreciate it. I no longer finish my weekends early on a Sunday because I have to get up early on a Monday. I no longer say no to midweek social events because I have to get up early the next day. I no longer rush home because I feel I have to grasp every moment of the evening that is available, because I need to go to bed at 9 to cope with the early morning the next day.

New job, new life. In three weeks my life has changed for the better. My new job is more stressful, less comprehensible. I'm lost at sea a lot of the time, grasping for things I understand. But I'm not dreading getting up. I'm not spending all day thinking about how things would be better if I was elsewhere. I'm not wondering what other people do. Because I know. All my working life, and before that, my ambition has been to travel with work. I joined my previous company because I thought I'd get to do that. The furthest I got, in almost 5 years, was the Isle of Wight. Tomorrow night I fly to Entebbe airport. Know where that is? No? Well until today, neither did I. It's in Uganda. I'm to meet, with a colleague, some Chinese people. I could die next week a woman who had acheived everything she wanted

.

New job, new life. And I wouldn't change a thing. I don't blog so much anymore. I don't have email at work so much anymore. I don't even have internet access so much at work anymore. But you know, these things don't really matter in the greater scheme of things, do they.