« Home | This is the Night Mail crossing the border, Brin... » | Well, it's nearly Christmas. It's been an eventfu... » | Oh. My. » | In a fit of laziness last night I sat down and wat... » | Communications out of the way first! Hope the pud... » | Hmm, you're right. It's been all of December and ... » | So I got home last night, late, as I'd stayed late... » | Every day's a school day. This morning i have lea... » | Here it is. Whatever you buy this christmas, don'... » | I'm sure there was something really interesting I ... » 

January 13, 2004 

After such a long time, I should have guessed you were doing something exciting like writing poetry. How nice!!!
It's a good poem K, but I suspect you've half-inched it from someone...
I take it your literary number is because of the passing of the 'Travelling Sorting Office' into retirement. Arrr you knew you had left the city centre around chucking out time when you were stopped at the level crossing next to Canterbury West by it - Caz

The poem, as you so eloquently put it, was half inched from WH Auden (not WH Smith). And yes, that's why. No further comment m'lud.