« Home | From Ananova: BBC to broadcast silent orchestra ... » | After such a long time, I should have guessed you ... » | This is the Night Mail crossing the border, Brin... » | Well, it's nearly Christmas. It's been an eventfu... » | Oh. My. » | In a fit of laziness last night I sat down and wat... » | Communications out of the way first! Hope the pud... » | Hmm, you're right. It's been all of December and ... » | So I got home last night, late, as I'd stayed late... » | Every day's a school day. This morning i have lea... » 

January 17, 2004 

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure.
It would seem that my interview this afternoon confirmed Mark Twain's feelings. I walked in to the room terrified, and spent the next hour in pretty much the same state. This afternoon was the culmination of 5 years work. If I don't get the letters after my name I will not only be disappointed in myself, but annoyed and bitter. I'm not planning on getting that way, so this afternoon was very important.

And how did it go? Well I think it went okay. I didn't feel under pressure at any point. The interviewers were pleasant, interested and over all it was, well, okay. I don't find out for a while, but fingers crossed.

Finally, something for the weekend:

A good home must be made, not bought.
Guess what we're up to?!