« Home | So I heard this on the news this morning, followed... » | I had a cracking weekend this weekend. A nice lei... » | You're still mentioning the war! I know, but it's... » | Did anyone see the Money Programme last night? In... » | And the concert went well from our point of view, ... » | Well, I'm back. For 4 days at Warwick I successfu... » | Looking at my MP's page, I notice that the only wa... » | I've sold Gonzo! Woo! » | Finally for this lunch time, I have a request for ... » | Let's hope my ex-boss is as nice ... he currently ... » 

April 01, 2003 

From the Weird News today:

University of Manitoba professor Rod Yellon's appeal of his 1998 traffic ticket for running a stop sign was rejected in February, and it appears he will now have to pay the fine, equal to about US$35. Yellon's strategy alternated between complaining of being oppressed and boycotting court proceedings, and in fact he was convicted in absentia. He refuses to pay the ticket because he thinks the word "stop" on a stop sign is too vague and that the government should set precisely calibrated standards of what it means to "stop."