« Home | Consider the date of our wedding... Consider this... » | Someone should really point out to Tony Blair the ... » | Anyone fancy some light relief today? Make your o... » | Things that make me go blaaargh, number 1 in a con... » | I would like to thank my toilet for pointing me in... » | Thanks to all who came to the house warming on Sat... » | In other news, thribble towers was valued and put ... » | We watched the special edition bit of the lotr DVD... » | Spent this weekend mainly cleaning and painting th... » | I hate Kingston. I hate particularly the fact tha... » 

September 09, 2002 

Had a very enjoyable weekend. Friday night saw paj and I finally get our UGC unlimited cards, and see Goldmember. I enjoyed it more than I expected, but you should bear in mind that I've only seen 1.5 Austin Powers films so far, and them whilst half asleep, so the repetitive jokes weren't repetitive for me. paj is probably a better judge of the film...

After a lovely evening with dragon mama and JD, the now crawling-at-the-speed-of-light baby A and a barbecue, we spent Sunday veging (optional spelling). We watched Flight of the Navigator, Eraser, The Importance of Being Earnest and Minority Report. Overall, Earnest was best. I'd never seen the first two, despite them being very old, so I enjoyed both, but would watch neither again! Minority Report was very good, but I still have issues with Tom Cruise as an action hero. This is the guy that starred in Cocktail, for crying out loud! Still, I enjoyed it lots, and Philip K Dick is an excellent author, with very good ideas. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep is still one of my favourite books.

So... go see The Importance.... Wait for video for Goldmember. And above all... walk home from the cinema and remember what it was like to be 19, at Uni, and going every Sunday night to the Odeon for £1.90.