« Home | New start » | An open letter to Metro Trains » | Lost » | Working out how to work out » | Bringing it » | Indulgence » | Zooperwoman » | At Home Days » | Harvesting the Heart » | Fitspiration » 

May 19, 2016 

The Best Laid Plans...

Earlier this year I had a conversation with some folks at parkrun. We were talking about our running goals. At the time I was feeling optimistic about my Achilles healing, and I said I wanted to to do the Hoka One One trail running series. Just the short distances, worst case, but ideally the middle runs. 

 The realisation that I'm currently allowed to run for 10 minutes max, no trails, and that the first race is on 5th June, so 2.5 weeks away, and there's no chance of me being there has just hit. Like a sledge hammer. 

 I don't think I've ever blown a goal so badly. I now have a constricted feeling in my chest and I'm not sure what to do about it. Mostly what I want to do about it is curl up with Netflix, The Arrow, and a packet or two of Oreos, but I doubt that would help. 

 If anyone has any smart thinking around coming back from this, feel free to let me know. Otherwise I guess I just pick myself up and drag my body towards 40, instead of sprinting there with a grin on my face.

Labels: , ,