« Home | Mobile Phones Don't Create Privacy Bubbles » | World Cup Fever » | You Tube » | It's Here! » | Faith » | Joining the Apple Age » | Holiday Catch Up » | I hate having a cold! » | Looking Good, Billy Ray! » | The Great Global Warming Swindle » 

September 22, 2007 

Excellent!

You may or may not be aware that I'm working on a huge project at the moment. And have been since March last year, not due to finish finally until March next year. 2 years of recycled water joy. Happily on Thursday night the hard work of everyone was recognised when we came "Highly Commended" in the Victorian Engineering Excellence awards. I am over the moon that we beat some really big projects, and the winner really deserved it.

A friend once told me that the best place to come in Crufts was 2nd in class - you get the glory, the recognition, but you don't have to stay down for the finals which is expensive. I think this is similar - we get the recognition, the publicity, but we don't have to go to Canberra for the finals. Which, given my love of Canberra, can only be a good thing.

I have photographic evidence which I will send to anyone who emails me, but it's not going on Flickr!

Labels: ,

Victorian Engineering Achievements?

Did you build a steam train, or a difference engine?

ps Feel free to send me a copy of the photographic evidence.

Post a Comment