« Home | The History Boys » | Online Shopping » | Back... » | It's been a hard day's night... » | how? » | Yikes! » | Mad World » | A-Ha » | Stuff » | rant » 

May 13, 2007 

Motivation Please!

I've finished my 6 week excercise programme, and it definitely showed results. Last Monday I ran 4.5km - 6 weeks ago I'd have struggled to run 45m! As an example, when I started I did 16 push ups in a minute (and really struggled). On Friday morning I did 34, and could have gone for longer. However, the maintenance programme is run by a different person, who I had the displeasure of one session with this week. He made me cry with pain. Now don't get me wrong, I know there's no gain without pain, but really, was that necessary? Surely there's a point a bit before that where I'm gaining things but not actually wanting to die.

So here's the deal. I need some motivation, and I'm hoping you lot will give it to me. I will post every day what I've done, and if I'm rubbish, you're all to roundly abuse me please! I am allowed one day off a week, which will generally be the Saturday or Sunday - everyone needs a lie in, and once it's past about 10 here I'm not going out running in that heat. So starting tomorrow I'm officially "in training" for the Run to the G on the 17th June, and I want to get under 28 minutes for the 5km. Wish me luck.

Labels: ,