« Home | Revenge of the Sith » | weird » | Holidays » | I've voted... » | Elections » | Pope » | Music » | Double woo! » | Woo! » | blurgh » 

May 23, 2005 

Sleep Please

After a lovely weekend, I have a request. Can somebody introduce compulsory afternoon naps in offices? I'm not sure I'm going to make it until 5pm tonight.

To be fair, this is mainly my fault. After a morning in Nuneaton and an afternoon in Derby I got myself sorted and went for a night out in Birmingham. The occasion was the celebration of the engagement of two of my friends, R and S. About time, was the general cry - they've been going out for a very very long time. For me it was as fantastic as nights in Birmingham always are - too little time spent with very good friends. At 11:20 when the bar staff (almost literally) threw us out, HH and I decided to head for one of our old haunts - Edwards No 8. Eddies is a rock club with three rooms (goth, rock and, erm, 80s rock and metal). We were not exactly dressed for the occasion (particularly HH who was wearing a lovely green summer dress and brown knee high boots) but had a great time causing havoc on the dance floors none the less. We were joined in our mission by C, another old friend, and paj, who wandered over from the stag do he was attending.

I believe I got back to the hotel okay. I certainly woke up in the bed I had expected to. However, yesterday was quite a slow day, and today isn't shaping up to be any better. I am atoning by being Vegetarian for a week. I have been doing this for 4 hours and already crave bacon. I may waste away to nothing (hoorah!).