« Home | I'm sure there was something really interesting I ... » | So this weekend started with me feeling physically... » | Well, I seem to have been pretty quiet this weeken... » | It's friday, and courtesy of shellnet why not twis... » | By the way, Channel 4 are showing all the Proper C... » | Modern Day Dilemmas Driving home today I was stuc... » | And now, a message for Bernie. They'll never make... » | Ah yes, I remember. I now have a fire escape - ch... » | Yikes. I come on here and as I log on who's blog s... » | While I'm ranting, can I just mention the Ghost Sh... » 

November 27, 2003 

Here it is. Whatever you buy this christmas, don't buy Pop Idol The Idols Merry Christmas War is Over. A bunch of wannabes, doing a record to make money for someone else, ruining a classic. Anybody who knows me knows I'm not a Beatles fan. But John Lennon, even I accept, was a top notch musician and song writer, with a social conscience. He wrote that song for a reason, and that reason wasn't so that people years later could ruin it and make a mint. Don't buy it. Buy the Darkness, buy Proper Chrimbo, but don't buy that.