« Home | Well, today's my last day at work for a very long ... » | It's always nice to know you live in an area that ... » | I've got end-of-term-itis. So tell me, do you rem... » | Could these be the worlds worst lyrics? » | Last night I played in a charity concert for the B... » | I would just like to say a huge thank you to every... » | Last night I was at a party thrown to say bye-bye ... » | Via a complicated route of surfing I found this ar... » | Up the Baggies! Down with the Scouse Poo! Thanks ... » | Saturday saw the wonders of British Rail transport... » 

December 19, 2002 

The sorry tale of ugc cinemas continues. I went to pick up our pre-booked tickets on Monday. They are general seating. When I asked the nice lady why, on the first night of one of the largest films of the year, it was going to be a free for all, she said that it had been decided at head office. So despite paying full price (I didn't use our unlimited cards so that we could get seats with my parents) and booking well in advance, we still have to get to the cinema early to be sure of 4 seats together in a good place. If I wasn't so busy I'd write and complain. My only consolation is that at least UGC do salted popcorn. Last boxing day we went to see lotr at a different cinema, who looked at paj in a distinctly bemused way when he asked for salted popcorn.