« Home | Good weekend. No further comment, m'lud.Silence i... » | I must change my imood too, but today I am cheerfu... » | Finally for this morning, a quick link for any of ... » | Although I've just realised that spj has been chee... » | Found it! » | At weightwatchers last night a woman I barely know... » | Went to see xXx last night. If you like adrenalin... » | Blogger seems to be playing up. I can't be bother... » | So, I had a good weekend. The concert mentioned p... » | It's been a long time. First priority is to clear... » 

October 29, 2002 

'Heaven preserve me from littleness and pleasantness and smoothness. Give me great glaring vices, and great glaring virtues, but preserve me from the neat little neutral ambiguities. Be wicked, be brave, be drunk, be reckless, be dissolute, be despotic, be an anarchist, be a suffragette, be anything you like, but for pity's sake be it to the top of your bent. Live fully, live passionately, live disastrously. Let's live, you and I, as none have ever lived before.'

Letter from Violet Trefusis to Vita Sackville West, 1918