« Home | So, I had a good weekend. The concert mentioned p... » | It's been a long time. First priority is to clear... » | Talking of weird, welcome to the noseweb. » | Check out Uri Geller, the world's weirdest man. F... » | Friday fives then. I want to know your top five re... » | We got our wine delivered yesterday, only to disco... » | Want to know how good your typing is? Or what you... » | Clever communication from a smart @rse! , ... » | Thanks for your communications this week. First u... » | I ordered more wine last night. Am now hoping tha... » 

October 21, 2002 

Blogger seems to be playing up. I can't be bothered to retype my last epic post. Suffice to say that I am trapped in Hampton. I have one route out not blocked, but I am watching water rise along it. If it gets too high I'm leaving. A 36 inch main has burst. Don't just read that. Think about exactly how big a 36 inch diameter pipe is, and exactly how much water you can get out of it. It's been going for an hour and a half now, and showing no sign of slowing. I have no idea how I'm getting home, as it's blocked my normal and my alternative route.

I may be some time. Luckily we made a break for the sandwich van as it floated away so I'm unlikely to starve.