« Home | Flickr » | Hammer 'em » | World Water Day » | Commonwealth Games » | We're Here » | Meme No More » | Big News » | Erm, What? » | Surviving Oz » | Finally We Did It » 

March 30, 2006 

Footy Tipping

Tonight is the first game of the Aussie Rules Football season. St Kilda, which is just down the road from us, play someone called West Coast (I think). I'm watching, and finding it no worse than any other televised team sport, because I've entered our office footy tipping. When I was first asked, I wondered if it meant sneaking into football grounds in the dead of night and pushing over upright-sleeping footballers. Apparantly not. It's like fantasy football, which is less fun. However, I have St. Kilda, so c'mon those, erm, stripes.

As a footnote, I now call football "soccer". I struggle to type " and @ because they're in the wrong places on my keyboard, not on the work's keyboard. I feel a little like Australia is the Borg. It's very good at assimilating people!