« Home | bye bye love... » | End of an era » | Musical Baton » | Brain the size of a planet... » | Sleep Please » | Revenge of the Sith » | weird » | Holidays » | I've voted... » | Elections » 

July 06, 2005 

First Week Over

Today was the last day of my first week of being an official commuter. Considering I had Friday off, in 4 days I have got on the wrong train once, had a train home from work delayed, a train to work cancelled and a bus home from the train station not turn up. Statistically, not that great. Perseverence is my middle name.

I had Friday off to drive up to the lake district in order to climb Scafell Pike on Saturday. I admit to being a bit apprehensive - it's been a while since I did any big walking and this was a very big way to start. Nonetheless, we set off at 9:30am and arrived back in the pub at 8:00pm. I don't think that was too bad, considering we had to navigate through this:
The View

It was good to have a few ales and be out on a campsite again. Our next-door neighbours weren't particularly quiet, however, and I recommend that if you see Roger you watch out - he's just not commited! The reason for camping at the NT Langdale site is purely the location. Other than that it isn't a great site. The weather forecast hadn't gone up by the time we left (although the bloke's comment that it would probably be the same all day proved true). Pitches aren't marked, so it's a free-for-all leading to problems with people camping almost on top of others. Although the site is quiet after 11pm no effort is made to enforce this. The showers are free, but infested with midges. And to top it all off, they don't actually give discounts to NT members. Good job we don't care about any of that!