« Home | Post Christmas... » | Rant » | Life, The Universe and Everything » | Links » | 9th October » | Friendship » | Lord of the Rings » | RIP » | First up in my inbox comes this, related to my co... » | It is, are you? » 

January 25, 2005 

BMW

Now I know many of you hate BMWs, their drivers, and the BMW Mini in particular. Clearly, I'm not one of the latter, as I drive one. However, over the last week, Geoffrey has persistently struggled to start, finally getting going on only the 2nd or 3rd go, even in the evenings. He went to the hospital on Friday and had a new fuel pump fitted, and seemed fine. Although why a car under 2 years old should have these problems, I don't know.

I was off work sick yesterday, so tried to start him up for the first time today. And failed. I'm currently waiting for a tow truck to come and get me and Geoffrey and take him to the hospital and me to the hire car place (but don't tell Geoffrey, he'll think I'm cheating on him while he's ill). I just wanted to say, in writing and on the web, how good BMW emergency service have been. They have turned up when they said they would, sorted out a hire car as they said they would, and generally been fab.

Of course, if their bloody cars worked in the first place they wouldn't have to be fab... Anyone want to buy a mini? One (somewhat) careful female owner!