« Home | Links » | 9th October » | Friendship » | Lord of the Rings » | RIP » | First up in my inbox comes this, related to my co... » | It is, are you? » | Surfing » | Happy Birthday » | The Aftermath » 

November 07, 2004 

Life, The Universe and Everything

To be honest, the world sucks at the moment, so I'm just going to post some communications.

Continuing the American theme: link - makes you wonder...
Many things do, believe me.
I'm not sure what to say about this one! link Bernie
Me neither, so I shan't say anything!
Flash photography at more than ~4m is one of my peeves as well: It won't help, so turn it off and you might get the right exposure! - Tom
Turn the flash off, and turn the sound off. The last thing an orchestra needs when it's playing is the subtle ker-lick noise of a large camera!
I am NOT borrowed. I may have been his friend first, but I'm definitely yours too. -DM
Thank you very much! I feel priviledged... but can I just state for the record, that when it comes to changing nappies in extremis, you were his friend first ;-)
Can I take it then that you don't think much of Bush either?

Yes. You can take it that I don't think much of him. That's part of the reason there's not a lot on this blog at the moment. I keep waiting for the world to come back to normal, and then realising it's not going to happen. Believe me, much as I am against the "war on terror" and the invasion of other countries, and much as I hate that Blair has dragged us along too, that is almost the least of my concerns. Bush will do so much more damage to the environment, to the economy and to normal Americans over the next four years that Iraq may turn out to be the least disastrous of his decisions. I'm not going to talk about it though. I woke up on Wednesday morning, turned on the news and felt physically sick. I haven't really removed that feeling. If we really were the External State of America we would have over 100 of the electoral college votes, and I think the outcome of the election would have been very different... so maybe we should bite the bullet and form USUK (apologies to Daphne DuMaurier for stealing her acronym). I'm not going to post again until I can think of something to say that doesn't relate to politics... You may have to wait some time!