« Home | I've struggled recently to post to blogger, so I'v... » | This is a blog devoted to Northern Irish politics.... » | A reader with too much time on his hands writes:He... » | Must clear out inbox... I'm just too disorganised... » | Harumph. » | Check out the rankings on the Great Briton contest... » | Today is not only Bonfire Night, but my Gran's bir... » | Incidentally, for those who care, I beat paj at ch... » | I'm in the office before 8am for almost the first ... » | blaargh. » 

November 12, 2002 

It took me over 3 hours to get to work this morning. As I turned onto the M23 I stopped - stationary traffic as far as I could see. I seriously considered reversing off the slip road, but as that would have been highly illegal I didn't. It took me 50 minutes to reach the Gatwick turn off, and a further half hour to reach a roundabout I know well. I know it well because it's 10 minutes from my house. I won't bore you with the rest of my (normally 50 minute) journey. Suffice to say that today is not a good day.