« Home | English Things » | Independence Day » | For Ever Glades » | Wot no Daleks? » | Gmail » | Unlimited Salad » | Battery Exhausted » | Thanks to... » | Check out my new toy! » | Help please? » 

July 08, 2004 

Ifer Ifer

Tonight I went to get some dinner, but after sitting for 15 minutes in the steak house and not even having my drink order taken I had my illusions of American service shattered. So I got up and walked out and headed to the supermarket for a bottle of wine and a microwave meal. Ah, the glamour of travel!

The excitement of the night, though, was the smell of burning. I had started to notice it and stuck my head out of the door, but couldn't see any smoke. Half an hour later a knock on my door and there was a fireman standing there (ooh the excitement - well, if he wasn't 40+ with grey hair). I was being evacuated... until it turned out the woman down the hall had burned popcorn. And... relax.