« Home | Having spent my lunchtime doing mutant and Beatle ... » | A combination of watching Toy Story last night, an... » | Office move wise, we have water and drains, a prin... » | I guess this could be why we've not had any campai... » | Office move update: We had no water. They fixed ... » | For your friday occupation, McDonald's Employee Si... » | Apparantly today is the 50th anniversary of DNA. ... » | Check this out for all your one-hit-wonder, celebr... » | Well, after a truly epic journey north, we finally... » | It's Easter. Nearly. I have lots of work and no ... » 

May 02, 2003 

So here I am, at home, on leave. What am I doing with my day off? Well, so far, I have moved the rest of the kitchen cupboards into the back garden. I've watched a guy sort out our gas connection and relight the boiler. I've washed my hands in hot water, from the tap no less. I've removed all the double sided sticky tape from the floorboards in our front room, previously used to hold down the carpet. I've helped lift carpets and floorboards in every single upstairs room except for the one I'm currently sat in. I've watched some of the cast commentary on the LOTR extended disk while having a cup of tea. Now I'm contemplating eating some lunch while an electrician/samba player does interesting things with cables under our floorboards.

Relaxing holiday madam? No, thank you, not this time.