« Home | So, no surprises here then. Except that it took t... » | An interesting weekend - Saturday morning was spen... » | Normal service is resumed. » | Why would I want to? Maybe I'm just not of the ri... » | I didn't even need to read this article before I w... » | aha. It seems that reblogger is now working again... » | I heard on the radio this morning that Triumph hav... » | hmmm. Reblogger seems not to be working. Mail me... » | I seem to swing between the bizarre and the ridicu... » | And following on from that, I'm 43% goth. Which a... » 

October 30, 2001 

I remember being a student. And I know that I was very lucky with my landlord, having double glazing, a power shower, all gas appliances disconnected and the gas turned off, and only a minimal number of slugs. I never felt the need to press the government for a registration system for landlords. Presumably others do. I may be going mad (because I can't find reference to it on Auntie, but I'm sure that Glasgow students now have a registration system for landlords, and minimum standards, and I'm sure that they're now complaining that it's too expensive to rent a house there.

The grass is always greener, isn't it?