« Home | Normal service is resumed. » | Why would I want to? Maybe I'm just not of the ri... » | I didn't even need to read this article before I w... » | aha. It seems that reblogger is now working again... » | I heard on the radio this morning that Triumph hav... » | hmmm. Reblogger seems not to be working. Mail me... » | I seem to swing between the bizarre and the ridicu... » | And following on from that, I'm 43% goth. Which a... » | Thanks to SW for this. It's something that's been... » | Question of the day: Why is it that spiders insis... » 

October 29, 2001 

An interesting weekend - Saturday morning was spent frantically tidying up the flat in anticipation of my parents coming to visit. This isn't normally a huge chore, but paj had last week dismantled the living room to get to the window to strip and paint it. So by 4pm when my parents called from Dover, we were just about finished... We took both sets of parents out for dinner, a slightly nerve racking experience as they'd never met before. Signs of nervousness were there in everyone - including my Dad, who carried his smart black shoes round a walking holiday in France just so he could wear them on Saturday night. Still, it all seemed to go okay, and nobody ran away, so fingers crossed for the rest of our lives...

Sunday saw us driving up to Silverstone to watch paj undertake the long awaited 'drive an elise around silverstone' experience. I have little to say - check his blog for more - as watching a yellow car drive very fast around a track leaves little to be said.

Still, as the weekend was rounded off nicely by dinner with Mr Bean there are no complaints at all from this quarter. I'm only sorry to be back at work!