« Home | Following this weekend's racing, I appear to be se... » | Bought, and watched, the special edition Holy Grai... » | Back to St. Patricks day. I expect to see you all... » | I don't really understand this (too techie for me!... » | I had a comment saying that the tartan I posted he... » | For some reason, some guy has decided to make a co... » | In the run up to St Patrick's day, why not do some... » | Colorgenics claim to deduce your current mood and ... » | So the xbox is finally on sale. If anyone gets on... » | Anyone know a numpty?! » 

March 19, 2002 

Watching GMTV over breakfast today I was extremely amused by their 'expert on the war on terror', Dan Pesch. When asked about why the American troups hadn't caught the Taliban yet, he said that the American troops were like "lions led by donkeys, but let's not push that analogy too far", which had me giggling into my cornflakes. He followed this up by saying that you had to question whether the Americans were just asking for the British troops to do something they were not prepared to do. When the interviewer said "Cannon fodder?", he replied, "You could say that". I can't remember the rest of the interview well enough to quote here, but I just got the impression that he didn't like the Americans!