« Home | All the posting I wanted to do yesterday and could... » | Bad news in my humble opinion. » | It appear's that the world is becoming an increasi... » | The definitive Clangers, Bagpuss and Ivor the Engi... » | Thanks (I think) to plurp for pointing us in the d... » | I appear to be back at work. It feels like I neve... » | Aha. An excellent excuse not to have a dinner par... » | My favourite quote from this article is this one: ... » | Those of you who know my involvement with the stee... » | Well, Auntie's news has done it again. In the who... » 

November 14, 2001 

I finally finished The Bear and The Dragon yesterday. Awful. Terrible. Appalling. Full of self gratifying knowledge sharing. I resolved after reading Executive Orders and was suckered in by a reduced cover price. Oh, how I regret that now. I have to read a book right to the end, however bad it is, so I suffered all 1137 pages of this. And it got interesting around page 700. Read his earlier books (Red October, Cardinal of the Kremlin etc), just don't touch anything after about 1995.