« Home | What?! » | Comments-wise, paj and jmac, I've checked out danc... » | Today has been spent standing in the sunshine and ... » | Laugh. Lots. Thanks JD. » | Large organisation in un-thought-through idea shoc... » | According to Emode I'm a Lethal Weapon.[edited hig... » | This needs flash and over a dial-up takes a while ... » | This doesn't really work for me - I thought bubble... » | Apparantly we will be spending New Year (or Hogman... » | According to emode I'm an Irish Setter who should ... » 

November 01, 2001 

I don't buy newspapers very often, but when I do I buy The Independent. This morning was one such occasion, and two stories caught my eye. Firstly this one.

The end we desire is this - al-Qa'ida shut down in Afghanistan, the Taliblan regime out, an new broadbased regime in.
Tony Blair, 30/10/01

The objectives are clear, and the one about the removal of the Teliban is not something we have as a clear objective to implement.
John Prescott, 31/10/01
Good to see they, erm, agree.

The other story was this one, which should be read just for the translation of the old guy's quote.