« Home | Thanks to gaekwad for this. Fantastic. » | Need to practise. Lots. And lots. And my string... » | An update on the whole orchestra thing. I will be... » | Watch out, all you geeks, this could be you. » | This is only for a certain sense of humour, which ... » | A true public enquiry? As Victor would say, I don... » | Too difficult? Or are the customers just too lazy? » | Good grief. What a job. Suddenly mine doesn't se... » | Yikes. » | "I do not feel the slightest concern at their trea... » 

January 18, 2002 

So America has no problem with the Red Cross visiting the camp in Cuba where it holds the al-Qaeda and Taleban prisoners. However, it insists the men are not POWs but illegal combatants and therefore outside the scope of the Geneva Convention. Hmm. Surely anyone fighting in a 'war' against a country is, in that country's view, an illegal combatant. I know I have strong pacifist views, but surely this is too much even for those who don't?

And yet Tony Blair defends it?